'Candy Crush meets Web3'
Inspired by casual puzzle games like Candy Crush, Triple Town, and City Blocks, InfiniMerge offers a new take on the merge game genre, focusing on building, adventure, and competition.
We see massive growth opportunity for InfiniMerge, as casual puzzle games attract over 200M monthly active players and generate over $10BN a year in in-app purchases.
Each day players are given a new, unique level to play, inspired by the legends and characters of a particular mythos. These daily levels are sequenced out as seasons, which, strung together, retell a classic myth, or tell a brand-new story inspired by the civilization's legends.
Daily, weekly, and season-long leaderboards track and reward players, and special scenarios are playable within weekly tournaments.
InfiniMerge aims to create a fully player-owned economy. Supply of key power-ups within the game will be controlled by players. These are:
- Elder Gods (super power-ups): a collection of ERC-4907 NFTs to be minted by InfiniGods.
- Followers (power-ups): player-generated, off-chain, in-game power ups that are earned through gameplay. Followers can be bundled to create on-chain NFTs called Arks (ERC-1155).
The main reward in InfiniMerge are Followers. Followers are gained by completing daily levels and placing high on weekly leaderboards. Followers may be used as power-ups to perform special actions within the game. These power ups include:
- Create a wildcard for a merge, if a merge is possible. This creates a merge of the highest available level, thereby giving the player a valuable opportunity to score more points.
- Destroy the contents (if destroyable) of an occupied hex and free up board space.
- Refresh an Elder Gods' power so that they may be deployed more often in a game.
Players may also choose to collect Followers and bundle them to create an Ark. Arks are ERC-1155 NFTs that act as tradable 'Follower Packs' that other players can purchase on secondary marketplaces such as OpenSea. Players will need to collect a minimum of 20 followers from the same civilization to create an Ark.
Norse Followers boarding their Ark as they set sail for the Etherium Blockchain!
Each Elder God has a specific in-game power that can be activated a set number of times per game. Players may also spend Followers on their Elder Gods to refresh their powers in order to use them more frequently.
Within InfiniMerge, the Elder Gods offer a variety of powers:
- Randomly shuffle all pieces on the board
- Destroy all copies of a selected piece
- Upgrade a designated piece
- Add extra turns or time on limited levels
- Create 3 copies of selected queue piece (for easy merging)
Norse God being used to destroy all copies of a selected piece
We've run 3 beta testing tournaments since June 2022 as we prepare InfiniMerge for full launch in Q4 2022. Early results have been encouraging with the following gameplay data compiled from our August 2022 tournament:
- D1 Retention > ~70%
- D3 Retention > ~50%
- 899 levels played
- 952,611 turns were played
- 945,536 total merges
- 5,659 2-merge combos
- 1,233 3-merge combos
- 183 4-merge combos
- Over 4.45+ Billion points scored
This data is crucial to understand how to tune InfiniMerge and develop a fun game that can be successful over a long period of time.